- Management Consultancy
Are you looking for a new challenge and have the expertise to be a leading Director within the Management Consultancy world?
Barlow Search are recruiting a Director (DACH region) on behalf of their client – we are looking for a thought-leader with top quality sourcing and selling service skills plus strong links and networks within the German market. If this is you, then get in touch and apply today!
Salary range: €130-150k base, plus 2-4% commission
Our client is a leading global technology research and advisory firm. A trusted business partner to more than 700 clients, including more than 75 of the world’s top 100 enterprises, and is committed to helping organisations achieve operational excellence and faster growth. Specialising in digital transformation services, including automation, cloud and data analytics; sourcing advisory; managed governance and risk services; network carrier services; strategy and operations design; change management; market intelligence and technology research and analysis.
Founded in 2006 our client employs more than 1,300 digital-ready professionals operating in more than 20 countries—a global team known for its innovative thinking, market influence, deep industry and technology expertise, and world-class research and analytical capabilities based on the industry’s most comprehensive marketplace data. Our client doesn’t just accept difference — they celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of employees, clients, and communities.
The Director of DACH will be based in Germany and is responsible for identifying, acquiring, and growing significant client relationships, client retention and renewal, and overall client satisfaction.
In addition, Directors are responsible for coaching, mentoring, supervising and development of our clients consulting resources assigned to the applicable market or Industry.
The Director will be focused on DACH market growth industries (i.e. Retail, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Travel & Transportation and Utilities) and may also support other clients within the DACH market excluding BFSI and Smart Manufacturing.
The ideal candidate will be recognized in the industry and have extensive experience and contacts with IT and/or Technology leaders in the DACH market industries.
The Director is responsible for generating at least $3M in sales annually and $2M in supervised revenue annually. You must have significant industry and consulting expertise and demonstrated thought leadership.
Role & Responsibilities
• Develop business opportunities for consultation services to selected target clients in areas of digital transformation, outsourcing, partner ecosystem, financial modelling, executive relationships, leadership, negotiation, administration and marketing.
• Senior client and service provider executives recognize Directors as a trusted advisor and thought leader.
• Ability to drive and own project specific P&L with minimum supervision
• Foster business relationships with clients in the DACH market
• Develop the financial, statement of work, service level and contract terms portions of the RFP.
• Recognized as leader in both client work as well as within our client. Takes initiative to participate and lead aspects of the business.
• Business development and sales experience including prospecting, lead qualification, proposal writing, sales calls and sales support.
• 10+ years of recent experience preferably working for a management consulting firm in several roles including technology, account management, sales, sales support and service delivery management.
• Expert knowledge of information technology, service delivery, outsourcing. Partner Eco-system management, governance, operating models and service provider management.
• Expert business technology skills in ideally several of the DACH market industries or one other consulting heavy industry, with a proven track record.
• 10+ years of “hands on” sourcing consulting experience developing complex operation solutions with executive teams and coaching and advising executives.
• Experienced in simultaneously managing multiple responsibilities i.e. client delivery, business development, practice development and advisor development.
• Delivery management leadership experience, including managing teams at all project phases, managing multiple medium sized or mega deals, and a demonstrated exemplary track record in successful client relationship management.
• Further develops relationships with Tier 1 and Tier 2 outsourcing vendors.
• Strong operational strategy and transformation skills.
• Recognized as industry expert by clients and peers. Previous experience speaking at industry relevant conferences.
• Practice development experience, including sales and marketing collateral development
• Expert ability to do both strategic assessments, transactional, and transformational consulting at senior levels.
• Superb presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with CxO level audiences on projects
• Additional European languages in addition to German and English preferred.
• Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in a technical or scientific field
• MBA or another advanced degree (s) desirable
The duties and responsibilities described in this job description may not be a comprehensive list. Additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time and/or the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org